Saturday, February 6, 2016

Remembering Philip Carey today

  
                     July 15, 1925 ~ February 6, 2009

I know this is a General Hospital blog but I grew up (literally) watching ABC soaps and Asa Buchanan was a huge part of my childhood. I remember him in 1979 coming to Llanview and he seemed larger than life! I remember him with Mimi (even though I wanted Mimi with Bo!), Olympia scared me LOL and I loved him with Becky but most of all Renee was his soul mate. He was loud, obnoxious but he was kind and gentle. I imagine in real life him to be the same.  I loved Asa and hated him at the same time at some points.   

Did you know Carey died of lung cancer, less than a week after the death of Clint Ritchie, who played Asa's son Clint on One Life to Live from 1979 to 1998?


Below are a couple youtube videos that are tributes to Philip Carey - I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.






No comments:

Post a Comment